So, what is BB cream?
BB Cream or Blemish Balm Cream is one of Asia’s hottest beauty products right now. This cream is said to have originated in Germany as an ointment dermatologists would prescribe to patients who have undergone laser skin surgery for its soothing and skin-regenerating properties.
Popular Korean actresses were among the first to use the cream for beauty purposes and because Asian dramas are huge at the moment, a craze was born. The beauty trend has now spread from Korea to Japan to South East Asia and is quickly making its way to Europe and the USA.
So, what does BB cream do?
If you watch Korean Dramas, you’ve surely noted that Korean celebrities seem to be blessed with naturally flawless skin. Well that may be true for some but now we know that they are also armed with a secret weapon called the BB Cream.
Referred to as the secret of Korean actresses, the hallyu (wave) of Korean cosmetics in Asia started in 2005 with the launch of the BB Cream. BB stands for “Blemish Balm” and dermatologists initially used it to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and regenerate their highly sensitive skin while also providing good coverage for post-laser scars and redness.
In general, most BB Cream has (at least) these benefits:
* Produces a very natural, “no makeup look”
* Provides perfect coverage like a foundation would but since it’s not as thick, it doesn’t clog the pores
* Works pretty much like a tinted moisturizer
* Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and other blemishes
* Has healing properties that soften, smoothen and refine skin
* Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin
* Contains UV Protection for healthy skin (SPF levels differ for each brand/product)
* Anti-wrinkle and skin-lightening benefits (available for some variants)
(All info credits go to: Squidoo.com)
Now that you have learned what goodness BB Cream can offer, it’s time to doll yourself up with these wonderful products and get ready for your outing!